Monday is an exciting day, we have been given permission by NY State and the Suffolk County Department of Health to officially open the gym. This is a day we have been waiting more than 5 months for but also come with some strict rules for operations. Our goal has remained the same throughout this entire process. To help improve the health, fitness and lives of our members. This includes keeping everyone safe from the COVID19 virus.
We know exercise is really important for our overall health. It improves every aspect of health including your immune system which fights off disease. We want you to feel safe exercising within our gym, this is why we have implemented strict cleaning and safety protocols.
We ask that you please follow these guidelines:
- Please stay home and don't come to the gym if you are feeling sick.
- Please continue to register for classes though the ZenPlanner App. We can only accommodate 16 people in the gym at any given time. We will continue to ask you to leave your children at home for the time being as they count as people in our capacity limit.
- Please arrive at the gym on time for all classes. The coaches will need to screen all members entering the gym before every class. While waiting to enter the gym and be screened please stay socially spaced outside with your mask on. The coach will ask 1 person to enter at a time to be screened then they can enter the gym and select a place to stand for the briefing and any other portion of the class while inside.
- You will be required to wear a mask any time you are inside the gym. NY State has issued some mandates regarding the types of masks you can use. This includes cloth based face coverings and disposable masks appropriate for exercise that cover both mouth and nose. Bandanas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable. All masks must have 2 or more layers.
- We will be beginning all classes inside the gym but you will be able to set up outside for the WOD. As we have been doing for the last month while outside and socially spaced you may remove your mask, but you will need to put it on any time you enter the gym. You will not be permitted in the gym or to attend class without a mask.
- We can not share any equipment, it will need to be cleaned after use before anyone else can touch it.
- We will have all windows and doors open to provide proper ventilation of the gym and insure any airborne particles are cleared from the gym.
- We will have an entrance door and exit door to improve flow and help keep everyone socially distanced. The main front door will be for entering the gym, the door by our office will be for exiting the gym. There will be arrows to help direct traffic please follow them accordingly.
- Please follow all the directions of the coaches, we may need to make adjustments to the class or WOD to accommodate everyone.
New Class Schedule Starting Monday
We are expanding the class schedule to try to accommodate more people and reduce the number of people in each class. This should help insure social spacing can me maintained
Monday- 6 am, 9am, 10:15am, 4 pm, 6pm and 7:15 pm
Tuesday- 6 am, 9am, 10:15am, 4 pm, 6pm and 7:15 pm
Wednesday- 6 am, 9am, 10:15am, 4 pm, 6pm and 7:15 pm
Thursday- 6 am, 9am, 10:15am, 4 pm, 6pm and 7:15 pm
Friday- 6 am, 9am, 10:15am, 4 pm, 6pm and 7:15 pm
Saturday- 9am, 10:15am
Sunday - 9am, 10:15am
Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday 7:15pm
Saturday 8 am
Monday - Friday 10am
As the gym is opening and attendance is very low we are going to reduce zoom classes to once per day at 10am. We will Live stream the class in our facebook group so you can participate on your own schedule if you can't make the morning session.
We also wont have weekend zoom classes but will post a video workout on our website for you to follow along with. It will be posted on the BLOG under the daily WOD.
I also just wanted to make one last comment about the masks. We will be wearing masks at all times when inside the gym. You are always welcome to workout outside without the mask. Regardless of how any of us feel about that it is the mandate by the state. I know a lot of people are saying it's unsafe to exercise with a mask on. I wanted to give you a little more information regarding this so you can be informed. First off please know that we would never let you do something that we felt was not safe. The masks do make you rebreath some of your own air. This means each time you take a breath you will get some fresh air containing oxygen (and lots of other stuff) and some “old” air containing CO2 you exhaled. This can cause your oxygen saturation levels to drop, and is why some are saying it's not safe. This can be true for certain populations of people. People with compromised lung function that already have low saturation levels could be in danger if their levels drop. In most cases they would feel dizzy and fatigued before it got too low but the risk of passing out can occur. For the most part we do not fall into this group of people at risk. If you have normal lung function you will only see a minor drop in saturation levels and will maintain a “normal” level even while exercising with a mask. You may notice it's a little harder to breathe so just slow down a little. If you feel dizzy while exercising, stop, notify a coach or member, go outside, remove your mask and sit down. It should pass within a few minutes as oxygen levels return to normal. Those with asthma may be slightly more prone to discomfort and trouble breathing with a mask on. The same recommendation applies, go a little slower, if you need to remove your mask go outside and do so, when you feel better you can replace your mask and come in. Please remember it's just a workout, some days are better than others.
We look forward to an Awesome Week of Fitness and can wait to see you in the Gym.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.