In order to raise the most amount of money for the Local Red Cross we will be allowing anyone who would like to participate to come down on March 6th and Row.
We will only be asking that you make a donation to the Red Cross. The suggested donation is $20 but that is not required, donate what you can. Cash or Check will be accepted, Make all Check out to the Red Cross.
The details are below:
Event: Row 5K on Concept2 indoor rower
Time: First Heat will start at 12:00 pm Check-in time: 11:00 am-2:00pm
Location: CrossFit Stony Brook 22 Woods Corner Road, Setauket, NY 11733
For more info email email@example.com
Our Weekly Update for the Row for Red Cross. So far our team has raised a little over $400. We have $600 more to go by the 21st to get our logo on the t-shirt. So get your Fund raising on…
If people don’t want to enter it through the first giving site you can take offline donations. It may be easier for alot of people. Have any checks made out to the Red Cross and bring all cash and check in. You can give it to me anytime or bring it the day of the event. I will be mailing it to them after the event. You need to enter you offline donations into the system. Login to your page and there is a place to enter it. See the image:
If you have any questions just let me know I can help you.
150 Wallballs for time
The Fund raising is going good so far. Jillian has raised the most, followed by Ryan. We have a little over $200. Our Goal is to get $1,000 by February 21st so we can get our name on the t-shirt. Everyone that raises $100 will get a free t- shirt from Ranger Up.
The Front of the t-shrit. The logos will be on the back.
WOD for today:
225 pound Deadlift, 21 reps
400 meter Run
225 pound Deadlift, 18 reps
400 meter Run
225 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
400 meter Run
225 pound Deadlift, 12 reps
400 meter Run
Cost: It is free to participate if you pre-register and get yor friends and family to sponsor you. If you raise over $100 you will get a free t-shirt. If you don’t pre-register just come down that day and make a donation.
All money raised will go to our local Red Cross. It iwll say the Greater Rochester Chapter, but that is because they started this whole thing. THey will make sure all the money you raise stay in our community.
How do you sign up: Click Here!
Who can Participate: anyone over the age of 12.
The first heat will kick off at 12:00 and we will cycle people onto the rowers as rowers finish. We will have some refreshments for everyone after the event. If you would like to support us or sponsor the event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On March 6th we will be hosting Fund Raiser at the gym. We hope everyone can join and help us raise money. All money goes directly to the American Red Cross Suffolk County Chapter. Everyone is welcome to join, you don’t have to be a member of the gym, so spead the word and invite your friends and family!
It will say that is goes to Greater Rochester Chapter, but that is becasue they are sponsoring the event, but they assured us all money raise will go to our local chapter.
To join follow these instructions:
2. Next select the option for “Register online now” and then click “Continue”
3. Register for one person, read and agree to the waiver, then click “Continue”
4. Next you will need to sign in, or create a profile. If you have raised money through FirstGiving before, you can use your existing profile. Click “Continue” when you have selected the appropriate option.
5. If you are creating a profile, fill in the required info. Be sure to indicate that you are registering for yourself. Click “Continue” to move to the next form.
6. Fill in the Event Registration information. Be sure to put the name of your gym down. You will also have to enter your gym name if you create a team for your gym. Also select a t-shirt size. There are selections for both Men’s and Women’s sizes. Choose wisely!
7. Confirm your registration. Make sure you are on the correct team! This is how we will determine where to send the money you raise.
8. Your registration will next be confirmed, and the page will show you a confirmation code. Jot it down. It will also be sent to you via email. Click on “create your page” to continue.
9. Now you will create your personal fund-raising page. It only takes a couple minutes… you are almost done. You can change the title of your page if you want, and you might want to change the URL to something easy to remember. Click “create your page” to continue.
10. On the confirmation page, you will be given an option to edit your page. PLEASE make a couple changes to your page before you start giving the URL out to friends and family. Click on “edit your page”.
11. On the page editing form you can change the message on the page and add a picture if you want to replace the Red Cross image. Most importantly, on the bottom of the form is the email template that will be sent to your donors as confirmation of their donation. PLEASE change the email so that it reflects your local chapter of the Red Cross, it should read AMERICAN RED CROSS SUFFOLK COUNTY CHAPTER!! All donations are not going the Greater Rochester Chapter!!! They are just the chapter that is funding the FirstGiving site, so their organization name appears in the email template by default.
If you have any questions come into the gym and ask Michael.