I got this recipe from my friend Claudia and it is yummy. I had to adjust the recipe to a little because it called for butter, salt and was garnished with bread crumbs. I substituted olive oil and just skipped the bread crumbs.
2 lbs Carrots sliced about 1/2 inch thick
1/4 cup Onion
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
5 1/2 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- Add olive oil and onion to medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until softened about 4 minutes.
- Slice carrots cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes
- Blend in batches until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper and honey. I didn’t add the honey or the salt and I think it was sweet enough.
- Chill soup for 3 hours to overnight
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
This recipe is for a chilled soup that is great for summer. I made it last night and ate it after running sprints outside in the cold. I served it warm and it was great.